The 1st seal: symbolism and events
Understanding who the four horsemen are is an important clue to understanding the prophetic events that will happen at the end of this age.
Seal 1: The white horseman who is conqueror bent on conquest
Revelation 6: I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.
The Conqueror bent on Conquest on the white horse, is Jesus Christ, revealed in Revelation 19
Revelations 19 :11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
When Jesus Christ matches out as conqueror; He will be victorious in:
1. The outpouring of the Holy Spirit as recorded in Joel and preaching of the message of salvation unto the ends of the earth until the whole earth is filled with the knowledge of God’s glory and an understanding of end of age prophecies as it was written:
Mathew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Habakkuk 2: 14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.
2. The revealing of Mount Zion. Mount Zion is a symbolic name for the church, and for a place chosen by God to be a sanctuary for the church at the end of this age. Zion that is currently a wilderness will be given the glory of Eden, as a sign to all men that we have come to the end of this age as was spoken through the prophets and that Jesus Christ is able to redeem and restore.
The revelation of Mount Zion is key in end time prophecies as it is:
a) The sign that creation waits to be freed from its bondage. All the blessed in the next age must be free, the freedom that comes from the redemption of the Blood of the Lamb. This freedom is necessary in restoring all things to the perfect order God intended, as it is written;
• Romans 8:19-22. 19 creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. 22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time
When Mount Zion is revealed, creation will be liberated from its bondage and the sign of this redemption is the restoration of Zion into the glory of Eden as it is written;
• Isaiah 51:3 The LORD will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the LORD. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing.
b) The revelation of the place of Mount Zion is important to the Church as it’s their sanctuary, and the place they are called to before the time of wrath as it is written in Jeremiah 50. The gathering of the saints to Zion mark the full number of the gentiles saints which is a Key sign for Israel in preparation of the time of lamentation that will result in their redemption as written in Micah 5:3. The revelation of Zion is also key in confirming where Israel’s redemption will come from as it is written;
Psalms 14:7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
When the Lord restores his people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!
3. The 70 weeks decree to rebuild and restore Jerusalem and the Third temple
The city of Jerusalem and the third temple will be rebuilt; it will be in the temple that the abomination that causes desolation will be put, and prophecy being a true account of events, a third temple will be rebuilt before the second coming. As it is written:
Daniel 9:24 “Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.
Daniel 9 25…It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble…
27And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, …
4. The Signing of the World peace treaty
Although The world will achieve world peace, it will not last but will only act aas a platform through which the anti-Christ and ten others are elected to power to keep the world peace agreement. After coming into agreement with him, the anti-Christ will take on his purposed role as the second horseman, he will break the peace treaty and start a period of destruction upon the earth as it is written:
Isaiah 33:7 Look, their brave men cry aloud in the streets; the envoys of peace weep bitterly. 8 The highways are deserted, no travelers are on the roads.The treaty is broken, its witnesses are despised, no one is respected.
1 Thessalonians 5: 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
This will fulfill what was spoken in Daniel 8:25…When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power.
We will look at each of the events of the first seal in detail in subsequent posts.